Yes, this class requires the inevitable final exam. It is a take-home exam, which you will have six hours to complete. A word-count guideline will be imposed to reasonably limit the length of your answers.
It is worth 60% of your grade for the course. The past exams below will give you an excellent indication of what to expect, despite the fact that all previous exams were delivered in-class.
Because of the heavy weighting of the final exam, I won’t let you write it unprepared. We will release a “rehearsal” exam in late November that allows you to practice your take-home exam writing techniques. This is for practice, not for marks. After I draft and share model answers for you, we use an interactive process of self-evaluation and strategic discussion during tutorials to provide feedback and prepare for the real thing.
Download past exams, along with answers in memos to students, right here:
- 2004-2005 midyear exam and separate marking guide,
- 2004-2005 final exam with report,
- 2005-2006 midyear exam & separate report,
- 2005-2006 final exam with report,
- 2006-2007 midyear exam with report,
- 2006-2007 final exam with report,
- 2007-2008 final exam with report,
- 2008-2009 midterm exam and report,
- 2008-2009 final exam (sorry, no report for this one),
- 2009-2010 midterm practice exam with report,
- 2009-2010 final exam (no report here either, sorry),
- 2011 midterm practice exam with answers,
- 2011 final exam and report,
- 2012 midterm practice exam with answers,
- 2012 final exam with answers or without answers,
- 2013 midterm exam with answers.
- 2013 final exam with answers or without answers.
- 2014 Property Midterm Exam with answers.
- 2014 final exam instructions and marking rubric, and the 2014 final exam answers.
- 2015 Property Midterm Exam, and the 2015 Property Midterm Exam Answers.
- 2015 final exam with answers.
- 2016 I was on sabbatical.
- and, most recently, the 2017 exam with answers: